Monkey Gland Cocktail is an orange cocktail drink named after a surgical technique of grafting monkey tissues to humans – a practice started by Dr Serge Voronoff. Yes we know, not really a pleasant thought.
Despite its unpleasant name, this cocktail tastes so good. Adding a part of absinthe will make it an award winning drink and a hit at your next party. The absinthe will add richness to the orange juice and sweetness from the syrup and grenadine really tick all the boxes.
The result is an elegant, well balanced and surprisingly complex cocktail. There are heaps of cocktails out there with creepy names, that taste delicious and the Monkey gland is one of them. Forget surgical skin grafts, lets concentrate on the lovely balance of ingredients.
1.5 oz Gin
1 barspoon of Absinthe. We used Lucid Absinthe but take your pick.
1.5 oz Orange Juice
1 barspoon Grenadine
1 barspoon Simple Syrup
- Combine all ingredients using a cocktail shaker with plenty of ice.
- Shake the mixture well to combine all the ingredients. Once shaken leave it for a few minutes to chill on the ice.
- Double strain the cocktail into a glass. In case you miss anything the first time.
- Choose a wide rimmed glass for maximum impact.
- Garnish with a nice, juicy orange rind to make it look beautiful.
Serve your absinthe inspired drink recipe to your friends and enjoy a party till dawn. Have some barbecue and play cool music. Monkey Gland Cocktail is a fruity absinthe recipe that is worth giving a try. Trust us, you and bunch of your friends will love it!