The Sherman Cocktail is a classic Manhattan drink found on the book “Old Waldorf Bar Days”. The cocktail received a twist by adding two types of bitters and absinthe for a strong bitter punch. If you are thrilled with trying different absinthe cocktails made from around the globe, this Sherman Cocktail is better to start with.
2 ounces rye whiskey
1 ounce sweet vermouth
1/2 teaspoon absinthe
1 dash Angostura bitters
1 dash orange bitters
Twist of lemon for garnish
- Put ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Pour the whiskey, absinthe and sweet vermouth.
- Add in the angostura and orange bitters.
- Shake to combine the ingredients well.
- Strain to a cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a lemon rind.
Your Shernan Cocktail is now ready to serve. Enjoy your drink! See our comprehensive list of cocktails made with absinthe.